This post may contain affiliate links. For more information visit our disclosure page
In this article, we will explore the best CCRN Neonatal prep books for getting ready for the CCRN certification exam. You will have an insight review of each CCRN prep study guide. So that you can decide which CCRN book you will choose for your CCRN Neonatal study.
With an increasing number of hospitals seeking Magnet status, more critical care nurses will be required to get this certification.
CCRN (Neonatal) is a speciality certification for nurses who provide direct care to acutely/critically ill neonatal patients
The CCRN Neonatal is a certification exam created by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN).
3 Best CCRN Neonatal Prep Books
The Neonatal CCRN Exam is extremely challenging and thorough test preparation is essential for success. These are the books you should read to ace the CCRN certification exam.
- Neonatal CCRN Exam Secrets Study Guide
- Core Curriculum for Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing
- Neonatal Certification Review for the CCRN and RNC High-Risk Examinations
Neonatal CCRN Exam Secrets Study Guide is the ideal prep solution for anyone who wants to pass the Neonatal CCRN Exam. Not only does it provide a comprehensive guide to the Neonatal CCRN Exam as a whole, it also provides practice test questions as well as detailed explanations of each answer.
Neonatal CCRN Exam Secrets Study Guide includes:
- A thorough and detailed overview of the Neonatal CCRN Exam
- An in-depth look at clinical judgment
- A guide to professional caring and ethical practice.
It’s filled with the critical information you’ll need in order to do well on the test: the concepts, procedures, principles, and vocabulary that the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) expects you to have mastered before sitting for the exam.
The Clinical Judgment section covers: Cardiovascular, Pulmonary, Endocrine, Hematology, Neurology, Gastrointestinal, Renal, Multisystem, Behavioral/psychological.
The Professional Caring and Ethical Practice section covers: ACC synergy, Patients’/ families’ rights, Effective team meetings, Response to diversity, Research concepts, Readiness to learn.
These sections are full of specific and detailed information that will be key to passing the Neonatal CCRN Exam.
Concepts and principles aren’t simply named or described in passing, but are explained in detail. The guide is laid out in a logical and organized fashion so that one section naturally flows from the one preceding it. Because it’s written with an eye for both technical accuracy and accessibility, you will not have to worry about getting lost in dense academic language.
Any test prep guide is only as good as its practice questions and answers, this CCRN Neonatal study guide provided scores of test questions that will prepare you for what to expect on the actual Neonatal CCRN Exam. Each answer is explained in depth, in order to make the principles and reasoning behind it crystal clear.
The concise outline format highlights the essentials of each condition including definition, etiology, pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, diagnostic tests, treatments, and outcomes to help you find important information quickly.
This edition also features an increased focus on evidence-based practice, new CAMTS and AAMS guidelines, new techniques for PICC placement, and changes to the Neonatal Resuscitation Program.
What this Book Offers:
- All necessary information to prepare for the neonatal intensive care nursing certification examination is included.
- Concise outline format provides access to important nursing considerations associated with the management of the most common conditions in the neonate.
- Text provides a collaborative effort between the three most authoritative associations in neonatal intensive care nursing – AWHONN, AACN, and NANN.
- Information on families, ethics, legal issues, research, case management, and the transition to home acknowledge the full scope of neonatal nursing practice.
- Chapter on Patient Safety includes selected improvement strategies and resources for neonatal nurses to build a patient safety toolkit, discusses TeamSTEPPS (Team Strategies and Tools to Enhance Performance and Patient Safety), and recognizes human issues, such as shift work and fatigue.
- Evidence-based practice for preterm infants, medications, and antepartum-intrapartum complications sets the standard for neonatal nursing practice.
- Strategies to promote inclusionary care better reflect nursing care today by focusing on family-centered care, comprehensive perinatal records, health care teams in the NICU, and best practices in the care of the late preterm infant.
- Comprehensively revised chapter on Immunology identifies risk factors for infection associated with term and preterm infants, distinguishes clinical symptoms and therapies associated with TORCHES CLAP spectrum infections, and includes prevention strategies for hospital-acquired infections.
- Chapter on Developmental Care guides the nurse to use assessment within the context of the environment and situation to initiate interventions in the moment or use patterns of responses for developing plans of care and presents core measures on evaluating developmental care practices in the NICU.
Check out Best Books for others AACN Exams:
Ideal for those seeking the RNC credential in Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing (RNC-NIC) or the neonatal CCRN credential, it also offers helpful information about Low Risk Neonatal Nursing (RNC-LRN) certification.
This unique review guide provides insight into the difference between the CCRN and RNC exams as well as information about the Low Risk Neonatal Intensive Care RNC. By learning through an effective question and answer format with rationale for all answers, critical care nurses will now be able to take the exams with confidence!
Key features include:
- Explanation of the test plans for both the CCRN and RNC exams, including comparison in style and question presentation
- Comprehensive questions and answers covering areas such as the cardiovascular system, neurology, and genetics
- Information about test-taking strategies, exam registration, the Synergy model, and much more!
- Contains more than 1,000 questions with comprehensive answer rationales on a broad range of topics, test-taking strategies, and a new section on breastfeeding.