This post may contain affiliate links. For more information visit our disclosure page
In this article, we will explore some of the Best RabbitMQ Books available in the market.
RabbitMQ is an open source high-performance message broker software (sometimes called message-oriented middleware) that implements the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP).
RabbitMQ is above all other forms of message queuing software thanks to its loosely coupled architecture and its ability to bind multiple languages, making modern web applications secure, scalable, and simple to maintain.
RabbitMQ is an ideal candidate for large-scale projects ranging from e-commerce and finance to Big Data and social networking because of its ease of use and high performance.
To learn this high-performance message broker we have compiled the list of 5 Best RabbitMQ Books that can help you learn about every aspect of it.
Best RabbitMQ Books You Should Read
Written for developers familiar with Python, PHP, Java, .NET, or any other modern programming language. No RabbitMQ experience required. RabbitMQ in Action teaches you to build and manage scalable applications in multiple languages using the RabbitMQ messaging server.
RabbitMQ in Action is a fast-paced run through building and managing scalable applications using the RabbitMQ messaging server. It starts by explaining how message queuing works, its history, and how RabbitMQ fits in. Then it shows you real-world examples you can apply to your own scalability and interoperability challenges.
By the end, you’ll know how to make Rabbit run like a well-oiled machine in a 24 x 7 x 365 environment.
What’s Inside in this Book
- Learn fundamental messaging design patterns
- Use patterns for on-demand scalability
- Glue a PHP frontend to a backend written in anything
- Configure RabbitMQ’s built-in clustering
- Monitor, manage, extend, and tune RabbitMQ
- Implement a PubSub-alerting service in 30 minutes flat
Whether you are someone who develops enterprise messaging products professionally or a hobbyist who is already familiar with open source Message Queuing software and you are looking for a new challenge, then this is the book for you. Although you should be familiar with Java, Ruby, and Python to get the most out of the examples, this book will give you the push you need to get started.
With RabbitMQ Essentials, you will observe how using message queuing software can streamline the development of your own distributed and scalable applications.
What You Will Learn
- Familiarize yourself with the basics of RabbitMQ to start building your own messaging applications
- Get to know how Clever Coney Media implemented RabbitMQ to improve the development of applications
- Publish, receive, and reject messages
- Route messages by using direct, topic, fanout, and header exchanges
- Create your own application inbox and public address system using Java and Ruby
- Monitor the health of your application by learning how to track it
- Analyze the traffic of your applications using a Python client
- Solve any emergencies using an eviction strategy, smart message routing, clustering, and federation
RabbitMQ Cookbook touches on all the aspects of RabbitMQ messaging. You will learn how to use this enabling technology for the solution of highly scalable problems dictated by the dynamic requirements of Web and mobile architectures, based for example on cloud computing platforms. This is a practical guide with several examples that will help you to understand the usefulness and the power of RabbitMQ.
This book helps you learn the basic functionalities of RabbitMQ with simple examples which describe the use of RabbitMQ client APIs and how a RabbitMQ server works. You will find examples of RabbitMQ deployed in real-life use-cases, where its functionalities will be exploited combined with other technologies.
This book helps you understand the advanced features of RabbitMQ that are useful for even the most demanding programmer. Over the course of the book, you will learn about the usage of basic AMQP functionalities and use RabbitMQ to let decoupled applications exchange messages as per enterprise integration applications.
You will also learn how to extend RabbitMQ functionalities by implementing Erlang plugins.
RabbitMQ in Depth is a practical guide to building and maintaining message-based applications. This book provides detailed coverage of RabbitMQ with an emphasis on why it works the way it does.
You’ll find examples and detailed explanations based in real-world systems ranging from simple networked services to complex distributed designs. You’ll also find the insights you need to make core architectural choices and develop procedures for effective operational management.
What You Will Learn
- AMQP, the Advanced Message Queueing Protocol
- Communicating via MQTT, Stomp, and HTTP
- Valuable troubleshooting techniques
- Database integration
Also Check: Best Books to learn Apache Kafka
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Written in a practical, concise style, this book is complete with hands-on examples and the right amount of theory to get you started developing messaging applications with RabbitMQ.
In “Instant RabbitMQ Messaging Application Development How-to” you start by understanding the reasons for using an AMQP message broker; you will then implement a simple messaging application.
You will then be guided through the process of decoupling an existing highly-coupled e-commerce application using messaging patterns and look at RabbitMQ options for reliable message delivery.
You’ll finish your journey by exploring more advanced routing patterns. This book takes a highly practical approach we will offer numerous hints and tips for successful application development along the way.
What You Will Learn
- Understand best practices for RabbitMQ application development
- Distribute time consuming tasks with work queues
- Reliable message delivery with acknowledgements, persistence and publisher confirms
- Decouple your application with the publish subscribe pattern
- Explore complex routing techniques