This post may contain affiliate links. For more information visit our disclosure page
This post contains a listing of the best TASC prep books that offer thorough coverage of the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) exam.
Are you preparing for the TASC but aren’t sure the best way to study? Maybe you’ve heard that prep books can be helpful to beat the exam, but you don’t know which one to get.
A good TASC Prep book can be your most useful resource for preparing for the exam, and this guide will help you choose the best TASC prep books for you.
Best TASC Prep Books To Pass The Exam
- Our #1 Choice: Kaplan TASC Prep
- Best Value Pick: McGraw-Hill Education Preparation for the TASC Test: The Official Guide to the Test
- Best Budget Picks: TASC Test Prep by TPB
These books have helpful instructions for each section of the test and also includes TASC practice tests so you can be ready for the actual test.
Kaplan’s TASC Prep provides expert strategies, online practice, and video tutorials to help you pass all five subjects.
This TASC exam prep book is designed for self-study so you can prep at your own pace, on your own schedule.
Kaplan is so certain that they made a bold statement that: after studying with our book, you’ll pass the TASC—or your money back.
What this TASC Prep Book Includes:
- More than 1,000 practice questions with detailed explanations
- One full-length practice test
- A diagnostic pretest in the book to help identify your strengths and weaknesses so you can focus your study
- Essential skills you’ll need to pass the reading, writing, social studies, science, and math subject areas
- Effective strategies for all questions, including the essay
- More than 40 instructional videos available online or through your mobile device
- Eight chapters are now accessible in the online center: About the TASC, Extended Response, Earth and Space Science, Physical Science, Life Science, World History, Economics, and Geography
- Kaplan’s expert teachers make sure practice tests includes in this guide are true to the TASC
Each section of the test has a comprehensive review created by Test Prep Books that goes into detail to cover all of the content likely to appear on the TASC test.
This Test Prep Book has drilled down the top test-taking tips. This will help you save time and avoid making common mistakes on test day.
This comprehensive study guide includes:
- Quick Overview
- Test-Taking Strategies
- Reading Literacy
- Social Studies
- Practice Questions
- Detailed Answer Explanations
Each part of the test has a full review. This study guide covers everything likely to be on the TASC exam.
Use your time wisely with the latest test-taking strategies. Don’t settle for just learning what is on the test. Learn how to be successful with that knowledge.
Anyone planning to take the TASC should take advantage of the review material, practice test questions, and test-taking strategies contained in this Test Prep Books study guide.
McGraw-Hill Preparation for the TASC Test walks you step-by-step through the test. Each section features a pre-test that helps you identify strengths and weaknesses before study.
Each chapter includes review of the test subjects and exercises that reinforce new skills.
Learning objectives are based on the Common Core State Standards, just like the real exam. You also get authentic TASC test questions with explanations, straight from the test maker.
Exclusive: Authentic sample TASC test questions–straight from the test-makers at CTB/McGraw-Hill!
Review and practice with all the latest TASC question types
The Mometrix test prep team has provided plenty of TASC practice test questions to prepare you for what to expect on the actual exam. Each answer is explained in depth, in order to make the principles and reasoning behind it crystal clear.
Many concepts include links to online review videos where you can watch instructors break down the topics so the material can be quickly grasped. Examples are worked step-by-step so you see exactly what to do.
Mometrix TASC Secrets Study Guide study guide includes:
- Practice test questions with detailed answer explanations
- Step-by-step video tutorials to help you master difficult concepts
- Tips and strategies to help you get your best test performance
- A complete review of all TASC test sections
- Language Arts, Writing
- Social Studies
- Language Arts, Reading
- Science Test
- Mathematics Test
The Mometrix guide is filled with the critical information you will need in order to do well on your TASC exam: the concepts, procedures, principles, and vocabulary that the CTB/McGraw-Hill expects you to have mastered before sitting for your exam.
The TASC is an alternative to the GED test and the HiSET exam. In some states, it is the only acceptable test for earning a high school equivalency diploma.
To find out whether your state uses the TASC for high school equivalency tests, contact your state’s department of education.
With the help of this hands-on, friendly guide, you’ll gain the confidence and skills needed to score your highest and gain your high school diploma equivalency.
If you want an easy-to-grasp introduction to the exam, TASC For Dummies has you covered. Written in plain English and packed with tons of practical and easy-to-follow explanations, it gets you up to speed on this alternative to the GED.
Helps you measure your career and college readiness, as outlined by the Common Core State Standards.
Focuses entirely on the 5 sections of the TASC and the various question types you’ll encounter on test day.
Includes two full-length TASC practice tests with complete answers and explanations.