CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) is the primary certification in networking domain. CCNA certification open your ways and makes you a right candidate to apply entry-level designation in the networking industry. It is the first steps to become a network engineer. Therefore after getting this certification, you can secure network admin position in your current working organisation.
What is CCNA R and S Certification all about?
This certification is all about networking. CCNA Routing and Switching build your foundation in networking domain. The foundation you build throughout your CCNA R&S journey will help you to climb stairs in IT networking industry.
The vast majority of networking aspirants start their journey with Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching certification.
Why CCNA R&S certification?
If you want to start your career in networking you must have to consider this Cisco certification.
This certification endows you a basic foundation in IT networking career path. Therefore after getting CCNA R&S certification, you have various career options to go; you can for Security, Cloud, Collaboration, Data Center, and Wireless. Or just run on the same track and become an expert in Routing and Switching domain.
What will you learn throughout the CCNA R & S certification?
- What is OSI model and TCP/IP suite, and how it works layer-by-layer?
- Introduction of networking devices like hub, bridge, router, switches and firewalls
- The internal mechanism of networking devices; like how they work and build a connection before sending and receiving bits, packets and frames.
- Different types of internet wire (Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, serial, fibre, etc.) and their speed.
- What is Internet Protocol Address: IPv4 and IPv6?
- Techniques to utilize IP addresses in the network
- Public and Private network, and classification of network
- What are the protocols used in router and switches and make them works
- The program teaches you to install, monitor, and troubleshoot the network infrastructure products
- What are the Protocols used in every network Infrastructure: SMTP, FTP, SSH, Telnet, Ping, traceroute, DNS, DHCP, NAT, ARP, HTTP, HTTPS and many more
- Software used to practice: Packet Tracer, Graphical Network Simulator-3
Education required to become a CCNA Certified
You absolutely don’t require any degree to appear in the CCNA exam. Therefore, if you have just passed your high school; then there will be no better time for you than this to get appear in the CCNA certification exam.
So you can enrol for the CCNA certification after high school you don’t need to go for the higher education. However, higher education helps you to grab more opportunities than others, non-graduate candidates.
What types of job you will get after CCNA R & S Certification
- System Engineer
- Network Analyst
- Help Desk Technician
- Network Field Technician
- Network Field Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Network Support Specialist
If you want to make your career in networking; then CCNA Routing and Switching certification definitely should be considered. It will make easier for you to follow networking career path. And add great value in front of the employer.
Recommended certifications after CCNA R&S: CCNA Security, CCNP R&S, CCIE R&S
Know complete list of certification that Cisco provides.
Similar Certification: CompTIA Network+
Get complete details related to CCNA R and S examination such as fees, number of questions, syllabus etc. Click Here