What is CompTIA Network+ Certification?
If you want to work in networking environment without any prior knowledge of networking this CompTIA certification would be a great option. After getting CompTIA Network+ certifications you will get entry level position in an organisation.
CompTIA Network+ is the first step of the ladder in networking domain. As we know CompTIA certifications are mostly focusing on theory part. Therefore you are going to learn lot more networking related stuff during your Network+ exam preparation. That is required to get the entry-level networking job.
What will you learn throughout CompTIA Network+ Certification?
- Different types of Network Topology (star, bus, hybrid, mesh, etc.)
- Types of Network (LAN, MAN, WAN)
- Types of internet wire (cables) such as Ethernet, fast Ethernet, serial, fibre, etc.) And connectors (RJ45, BNC, MT-RJ, etc.)
- How to interconnect two or more networking devices using internet cable with various types of connectors (Cabling).
- Introduction of networking devices like a hub, bridge, modem, router, SOHO router, gateway, switches and firewalls
- The internal mechanism of networking devices; like how they work and build a connection to send and receives bits, packets and frames.
- How data is able two flow between two networking devices (OSI model and TCP/IP suite)
- Internet Protocol Address: IPv4 and IPv6
- Factors affecting internet environment and what are the factor causes signal attenuation and data loss.
- Internet technologies: DSL, ADSL, VSDL, SDSL, Broadband, POTS/PSTN
- IP Address assigning: Statically and Automatically (DHCP)
- Protocols: SMTP, FTP, SSH, Telnet, Ping, traceroute, DNS, NAT, ARP, HTTP, HTTPS and many more
- Virtualization techniques and software
So CompTIA Network+ certification is all about Networking
Education required for CompTIA Network+ examination
Everyone is eligible to get CompTIA Network+ certification program. So it does not matter what you are doing right now and in which standard you are studying. The only thing matter is you know how to operate a computer. But I will say at least you must have passed your high school before appearing on Network+ examination.
Most of the networking aspirants go to write Network+ after completing their CompTIA A+ certification. But I don’t want to recommend; you prior need A+ certification. Because while preparing your N+ you can learn all the stuff which is in the syllabus of CompTIA A+. Hence there is no reason to go for A+.
So if you are preparing to make a career in networking domain, you don’t have to concern about writing A+ before Network+.
What types of job you will get after Network+ Certification
- Computer Technician
- Network Analyst
- Network Field Technician
- Help Desk Technician
- System Engineer
- Network Support Specialist
- Network Field Engineer
- Junior System Engineer
- Junior Network Administrator
- IS (Information System) Consultant
CompTIA Network+ is an excellent certification to get if you are looking for some networking position in the IT sector.
However, the vast majority of network professional consider CCNA R&S (Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing & Switching) certification is more suitable to start a career in networking as compare to CompTIA Network+.
Recommended certifications after CompTIA Network+: CCNA Security, CompTIA Security+
Similar Certification: CCNA R&S
Get complete details related to CompTIA Network+ examination such as fees, number of questions, syllabus etc. Click Here