If you want to learn security terms and security methods. And by knowing all those security theories you want to apply to the IT infrastructure, in there you are currently working, then CompTIA Security+ is must have a certificate.
Fresher without any work experience can also appear in the CompTIA Security+ certification exam.
Security+ certification of CompTIA is globally recognised. So if you want to start your career in network security this certification is definitely gonna help you to get your first IT Job.
What is CompTIA Security+ Certification all about?
This certification of CompTIA introduces you the essential and basic network security principle and risk management. CompTIA Security+ certification provides you fundamentals theories of network security.
According to CompTIA; Security+ certification is approved by U.S. Department of Defence. That means Security+ certification will make difference in your IT career and add a great value to your resume.
What will you learn throughout the CompTIA Security+ Certification?
- Security parameters of various networking devices (Router, Switches, Firewalls, Proxy server)
- Firewall is the most important device for a network security professional. So you are definitely going to hear firewall most of the time, in your entire network security career path.
- How a firewall works in an IT infrastructure, like how they transfer the data from the local network to outside network and vice versa.
- Firewall is set of rules (ACL), so along with firewall, you will also listen ACL (Access Control List). Therefore to success in network security, you must know how to make ACL, which you are going to learn throughout the CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Network security terminology such as Threats, Rootkits, Backdoors, Assets and Vulnerabilities etc.
- Types of attacks and how to counter them.
- How to build and establish a network infrastructure that provides more security to the company valuable data.
- How to abort unwanted user access and identify the right users (Access Control and Identity Management)
- Basics of cloud computing and their services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- What are CA (Certificate Authority) server and the working fundamentals of Certificate Authorities? And how CA server generate keys to secure connection?
- Necessary protocols for a network security engineer to know: IPsec, TLS, SSL, SSH, HTTPS, WPA2, EAP SFTP. Therefore you will also go to learn these protocols.
- What is VPN (Virtual Private Network) technology?
- What is Cryptography and why it is so much important for securing the data and connection?
Download the complete syllabus of CompTIA Security+ examination: Click Here
Education required for CompTIA Security+ examination
At least you must be passed your high school in any of the subjects (Arts/Science/Commerce). And if you have bachelor’s degree then it will be a plus for you to grab more opportunities.
Although there are no such requirements in CompTIA website. So why I am saying that; because after passing your CompTIA Security+ certification you are going to join some organisation, where you will be responsible to secure the data and network infrastructure, which is really a difficult task.
If you want to appear in CompTIA Security+ examination without fulfilling the above education; no need to worry, you are perfectly eligible to write CompTIA Security+ certification program.
The important must have Education before going to Security+ certification: You must have knowledge of network infrastructure. Therefore before applying for Security+ certification, you must be a CompTIA Network+ certified professional. Or you should have that much of knowledge as Network+ certified professionals possess.
Recommended certification before Security+: CompTIA Network+
What types of job you will get after Security+ Certification
These are the following common designation you will get at the time of joining…
- Security Administrator
- Systems Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Security Specialist
- Security Architect
- Network and Security Engineer
- Security Analyst
- Security Consultant
Like, Network+ is the certification you need to become part of networking; CompTIA Security+ is the first step of the ladder in the network security. That means if you want to make a career in this overwhelming field of IT you must try to get CompTIA Security+ certification.
Recommended certifications after CompTIA Security+: CySA+, PenTest+, CASP
Similar Certification: CCNA Security
Get complete details related to CompTIA Security+ examination such as fees, number of questions, syllabus etc. Click Here